Sunday, September 14, 2008

Ah-Ma

I love this picture. my grandma and I are so pwetty =D

Everyone in the Teoh family. only missing is uncle Mike.


I went home for Ah-Ma's 74th birthday. She's so happy cause all her anak-cucu-cicit went back to celebrate with her. Was a planned trip and we tried to keep it as silent as possible from her cause we want her to be surprised. She really was and can't stop smiling over the weekend.

Ah-Ma took care of me since when I was a baby till I left for KL to study. Sounds a bit emo but I know will really
really miss her someday when she's gone. She's my big fan cause I'm her only grand-daughter. She spoils me with everything I want when I was a kid, and still is. All her grandchildren are boys. HAHAHA.. that's my edge being the only "girl" in the family and sometimes that's how I get my way around too =P In many ways Ah-Ma has shown me how to love without bounds. There were so many occurrences that she has shown that she loves her grandchildren to the extent of spoiling them and that she would do anything for them.

When I was a kid I know I drove her up the wall so many times but she still love me the same. I still remember once when I was a kid, my mom wants to cane me for my misbehavior, Ah-Ma came and she wanted to "rescue" me by asking mom not to cane me but ended up mom got so upset with her and they got into a fight because she doesn't like people to interfere when she's disciplining us. During schooling days when I come back home from school I know for sure my good lunch will be on the table because Ah-Ma cooked for me. She knows my favorite dish very well so everyday she will try to cook my favorite food. I love her steam egg-pork and stir-fry ginger chicken.
During school holidays she'll take me to the cinema together with Ah-Kong. They're one hot couple ok. They still go to the theater dating after many many years being married (because I know most couples don't). Before taking me to the cinema she'll dress me up in pants so that it's easier to walk me around. I can never forget those times. And many other times too, when I was already in college, whenever I'm home for a break she'll give me money. Ah-Ma knows I like to sleep too. When I'm home during those college breaks she'll make sure the TV is not too loud so that I can sleep longer. Until today when I'm back she still treats me the same.

In April 2002 Ah Kong passed away due to a heart attack. Everyone went home to pay their last respect. I can still remember the event until today though many years had passed. The sorrow and grief she went through during the mouring period was painful. I know it's a deep cut that she will remember forever. One morning I saw her crying beside the casket of her beloved husband, knowing that the man that she've spent her life with is no longer mortal. The loneliness and years ahead that she have to live by, alone, is so uncertain. No words can express her loneliness and fear on what lies ahead. But I always believe that to every goodbye, there is a hello waiting. Yes, she bid goodbye to her husband, and that was the time too, that she said hello to her Creator. She discover who was her Saviour during that moment of loneliness and grief. Now Ah-Ma is a believer and she's strong in faith. At times when she knows I'm down and all, she'll in return encouraged me with her faith.

I'm so blessed beyond words. I truly am.

Now that she's old and her movement is slow, I just pray that God will give her the strength to move about and preserve her life many many more years until it's time to take her home.

I love you Ah-Ma! =D

xoxo,
your favourite grand-daughter


2 comments:

jen said...

wahz .
use grandmama as shield ?!
notti jo !
now we know !!!
=)

josie said...

huh? meaning?
how i use her as a shield? lol