Saturday, July 12, 2008

this one song

Waking up this morning seems so natural. 10.30am!! Cos i've been waking up the same time every day since last Monday. Thank you India :D Now I wonder how am gonna cope getting up at 6.45am after this program is over.

My BIG
plan today - Going to Canaanland to get the latest released Hillsong album (see left) that I've been waiting since December 2007!! My last buy was the I Heart Revolution album but that was under United Live Hillsong. I enjoy all the songs recorded live, but there is this one particular song which I have a real deep appreciation for its meaning - Where the Love Lasts Forever. The lyrics and the meaning of the song speaks so much to me, reminding me of God's love to me, that is everlasting.

Being a melancholic I am, I'm a simple girl-next-door who performs best when I am secure. Secure in my surroundings, secure financially, secure in my reputation, secure in the people around me, secure physically, emotionally & spiritually, and secure in who I truly am. I realised that as I grow up, I learnt that only God alone can provide all of the above. Not mom, not my family members, not my dedicated leaders, not my buddies & friends, not in my ministry, not in my favorite hobby, not in my vocation, not in my work, and never with my own effort. This experience of such deep security comes only with my relationship with Him alone.

Ponder the lyrics:

Where The Love Lasts Forever

Your mercy found me,
Upon the broken road,
And lifted me beyond my failing,
Into Your glory,
My sin and shame dissolved,
And now forever Yours I’ll stand.

(Pre-Chorus)
In love never to end,
To call You more than Lord,
Glorious friend.

(Chorus)
So I throw my life upon all You are,
‘Cause I know You gave it all for me,
And when all else fades,
My soul will dance with You,
Where the love lasts forever.

(Bridge)
And forever I will sing,
Lord forever I will sing,
Of how You gave Your life away,
Just to save me, Lord You saved me.

With You, where the love lasts forever.


How profound. How promising. And how secure is that.
The sense of appreciation within me never fail to renew itself each time I listen to this song. I hope it does the same for you, too =)

No comments: